Thursday 20 March 2014

Claudia wows in the Badminton Dressage Qualifier

Claudia Wallis in Year 11 is a keen rider.  This is a report she sent regarding her recent success


Claudia on Dessie


Claudia on Brook

On saturday 8th March I took GreyBrook Larry to Elmleaze equestrian centre in Didmarton for the first of the Badminton Dressage qualifier. We took part in the grassroots class with 28 other people in the class and some very tough competition. Brook performed very well giving me a lovely ride. After a long wait the results were out and I was thrilled to find that Brook and I had been placed second being only two marks off first. This meant that Brook and I have qualified for the Badminton Dressage National Championships that will be held in July and are to be judged by the Duchess of Beaufort.

 

On Sunday 9th March Brook and I were out again, this time at Homefarm equestrian centre in Cheltenham for the Pony Club winter league dressage finals. Once again Brook was lovely and performed a beautiful test and placed us 10th overall.